As a business, we are committed to making a positive social and environmental impact. There is high-demand for environmentally friendly solutions and new technologies are emerging. As such, we will continue to remain at the forefront of industry developments and will be perpetually adding to our eco-friendly offering throughout the year.
Our Eco PCR Range
We are pleased to offer our customers a range of high-quality, environmentally friendly vessels made from POST-CONSUMER RECYCLED plastic (PCR). These are a sustainable alternative to virgin plastics, designed to meet growing consumer demand and support a "circular" economy of regeneration, so as to reduce the consumption of raw materials and production of waste.
These post-consumer recycled materials can be processed into packaging that is made with 100% PCR MATERIAL, or combined with virgin plastics at a lower percentage depending on desired outcome.
We encourage our customers to get in touch with us to learn more about using post-consumer recycled plastics for packaging projects.
Currently we are able to supply;
PCR BOTTLESrPET (polyethylene terephthalate) for use in PET plastic bottles.
rHDPE (high density polyethylene) for use in HDPE plastic bottles.
PCR AIRLESSrPP (polypropylene) Airless Containers
PCR PUMPS & SPRAYSrPP (polypropylene) Lotion Pumps & Sprayers.
PCR TUBESrLDPE (low density polyethylene) for use in our plastic tubes.
PCR Recycled vs Bioplastics and Biodegradable
At this time Vision Packaging chooses to promote PCR Recycled materials over Bioplastics and Biodegradable.
For further information about this, please refer to our Info & News page under PCR Recycled vs Bioplastic.
All of the plastic materials used in our complete packaging range are made from Thermoplastics, and as such are fully recyclable.
For further information about this, please refer to our Info & News page under Recycle Codes.
Making a Difference
In our operations, we are always working to further reduce our carbon footprint, and we uphold our social and environmental responsibility in a number of ways:
- Our warehouse, office and showroom are powered by solar energy.
- We have a dedicated cardboard bin, through which all board & paper from our office and warehouse is recycled.
- We recycle all PE polyethylene plastic pallet wrap that is used in the shipping process through Astron Sustainability.
- All other internal office and warehouse waste is recycled where possible through our Council collection service.
- We use online document tools to minimise printing requirements. If and when printing is absolutely necessary we use 100% recycled paper.
- We are in the process of looking into electric vehicles for our company cars.
- We are based in Kurnell Sydney, adjacent to beautiful beaches and coastline. We make monthly donations to many charitable causes, including the Australian Marine Conservation Society . We continue to support the crucial work they do to protect the marine ecosystem that we so love.